Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Great Escape

Sometimes I ask myself why I knit or read. There can only be one answer..to Escape.
As a septuagenarian ( a big word for a big decade) I find myself trying to avoid life's necessary distractions.
The last week's events included procedurals and not the ones found on CSI or Bones TV shows but the medical ones necessarily foisted on old people.
The shopping for ugly bland fasting ingredients, the downing of these putrid so called meals and finally the camaraderie of sharing with neighbors, friends and relatives.
Believe me people will always try to top each other and family members will always cringe at the dinner table. Only infants are spared the reason and understanding to share in the glory of the Procedures.
And so I knit and read and place my hands in front of my face when Ducky of NCIS examines a charred body in the forensic lab.
I knit to dream about the lucky person who will be the recipient of the lovely project on the needles..another fantasy to play out in my warped mind.

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love the escape, Marie!!! That's why I read and write!! And I just hope it gives otherx an escape too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tess your writing is great. I love to read and discover new authors all the time.
    That is what so great about reading, you get to meet the nicest people.

    ReplyDelete