Thursday, February 23, 2012

Passions...

The word "Passion" evokes so many meanings and feelings. Some might say it incorporates compulsions.
Compulsions does not sound as exciting as passions.
Lent is upon us and the old school thoughts for me was denial. Denial of candy, favorite books or movies or anything else that was a passion.
However, now the season of  Lent incorporates good deeds.
My daughter reminded me that I already do good deeds such as thinking of  others etc. Maybe.
But doing for others is very nebulous. Saying prayers, thinking good thoughts is fleeting.
An everlasting peace within us. I think that is what I seek.
We make mistakes, we over analyze and think we are altruistic. But who knows?
That is why in my humble opinion a passion for something somehow eases my mind and brings me some sanity,
When I am knitting or figuring out a pattern or a problem I am lost in the moment. Call me selfish but in truth that is my true personality.
I am grateful for this only because as much as I think that I am thinking of   others I am truly grateful to have others in my life whether they be acquaintances of close friends.
This is the meaning of passion for me..it is called life.

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully said, Marie.

    I think passion for me is desire...desire to do all the things my heart wants to do. Not that I can always just do that, but it's what I look forward to!!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Tess!
    I think that desire is the perfect word for fueling our passions. After all without the desire what would we be?
    An empty shell with everything just spilling into it.
    Desire makes us take control. I think it is a gift.
    You are so great in keeping us inspired and I love your works.
    Have a great weekend coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet you are, Marie!!!

    What is sad is people who never find their passion...or misunderstand it. I think we must grow where our passion takes us whenever we can! Not that everyone can do anything they want at any time, but I know for me, my passions have changed over my lifetime and I've had to recognize that!

    Am just still loving this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Tess for your kind words.
    Over the years I have also discovered various passions.
    I was looking at memory family albums today and realized that life indeed does move on like a rushing river. It is good to grab a life raft, hang on and race on to the next life event.

    ReplyDelete