Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Ode to my Lucky Robe

My Lady bug robe is starting to look a little worn and tattered.
After almost sixteen years the lady bugs are beiinning to look a little piqued. They do not seem to have that vibrant color that they once had.
Christmas time was a time when I was asked what I wanted for Christmas and I would say that I wanted a robe. "Again?" my family would say,
Well, when my Lady Bug or as I like to call it my Lucky robe came to stay I wore it year round. I jumped to the cupboard every day and donned my comfort and put it on.
I looked down and saw the fading Lady bugs and the frayed lapels.
However I am going to be loyal to her until I can see through it.
When Christmas rolls around I will stay mum and not request another robe.
It just would not seem right to abandon my Lady in her declining years.

1 comment: