Friday, August 5, 2011

Grandma Moses.. or Mother Teresa?

As Autumn approaches I usually buy a spiral notebook to begin my "school year."
Organizing my all things to me room I came across old notebooks with the similar yearly goals such as lose weight, write that novel and get busy with those crafts.
This year I asked myself what would Mother Teresa have done?
Her goals had been set early on and soon became second nature to her.
Now Grandma Moses!! There is a name that keeps popping up around my house.
Years ago as I was in an angst mood I blurted out that I had this creative urge to wow the world with my flamboyant endeavours. A friend reminded me of Grandma Moses.
I cannot imagine that Grandma Moses ever told herself to lose weight, run a marathon or write the great American novel. She painted what she knew and people were attracted to her work. She became famous and we still refer to her ageless accomplishments.
Yes. That is who I want to be. I want to celebrate life and go on doing creative things that I love.
I know that I will never be a Mother Teresa but maybe I can touch someone with kindness in some small way.

2 comments:

  1. "Maybe I can touch someone with kindness in some small way."

    I think that's what life is about, Marie...Well said!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tess!
    Every day gives us a chance to try to touch a person in a positive way.

    ReplyDelete