Sunday, August 28, 2011

MMmmm..I love the smell of Pot Roast in the morning.

Perusing the meat counter this week I spied a rolled beef roast..two to three pounds tops.
A few days later I put the meat topped with a coarse garlic rub, a tin of golden mushroom soup and a little water into my crock-pot.
I set in on high and a few hours later I had a juicy cooked piece of meat.
While it was cooking the air was filled with the juicy aroma of meat cooking.
It felt like a Sunday meal being cooked with the promise of everyone sitting at the table oohing and aahing over the tasty meal.
I served the roast with mashed potatoes, gravy and carrots.
It was delicious. Not only that..I had leftovers.
Somehow, this meal made be feel relaxed.
I usually run into the kitchen in the late afternoon and make chicken, chili or chops. But nothing feels like the thrill of a meat and potatoes meal.

2 comments:

  1. I made this meal yesterday!!! Except my crock-pot doesn't work right, so I had to do it on the stove...and I hate to cook, so this was huge for me. I cook because it sustains life, but I would much rather bake!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Tess!
    My crockpot meals are sometimes iffy..it is all the timing I guess.
    I am not a baker but I do make the occasional pineapple upside down cake.
    Have a wonderful week, Tess..thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete