Saturday, September 10, 2011

Terms of Endearment

Recently as I began my repertoire of endearments to my little cherub/grandson I wondered about how many ways and types of phrases there are to express love to another.
"Let me count the ways" is uppermost in my mind.
"How do I love thee?"
Then I figured that most of us categorize our expressions of love.
To friends we hug and admire and feel familial love.
To family, we love unconditionally and express our love in sacrifice, caring and giving a sense of belonging.
To spouses, we experience an all encompassing feeling of love which entails security, passion and a feeling of forever.
However, when it comes to baby we truly go gooey with love.
We want a child to be welcomed into the world and we gradually introduce him to the reality of everyday life. But not yet. No, no, not yet. We will try to shelter him from the brouhaha of events and lull him with "Spongebob Square Pants" and "Wa WA WA" tv shows and keep him close and happy for as along as we can.
In the meantime, we will coo and croon to the little ones in our lives.

2 comments:

  1. Amen, girl!!! Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Tess!
    Thank you and I hope that your weekend is going well!

    ReplyDelete